Thursday, September 25, 2008

Where Did I Leave My Glasses? The What, When, and Why of Normal Memory Loss by Martha Weinman Lear 155.67 Lea

The title of this book grabbed my attention, not because I always forget where I leave my glasses -- they're either on my face or on my bedside table -- but because it scares me sometimes that I do forget so much. So I stepped outside my box and actually read a non-fiction book, and what a good one to try. Lear writes with a conversational style using normal-people vocabulary to make a confusing, mysterious, and not totally scientific subject understandable. Because she's at that age where the memory issue becomes a concern, she can write from personal experience as well, which she does with wit and humor.
What exactly constitutes normal memory loss, I'm not sure. I finished the book yesterday and can't remember a thing about it. But I feel so much better knowing that I'm just normal!

No comments: