Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Plum Spooky by Janet Evanovich

Let me just say - I love the Stephanie Plum books. I look forward to the arrival of a new one each year with great anticipation. When my turn comes on the hold list, I take it home, curl up on the sofa and look forward to getting reacquainted with old friends, sharing a laugh or two or three, and helping to solve a mystery.

So you can imagine how disappointed I was in this latest offering by Janet Evanovich. I could hardly follow the plot and couldn't see how everything tied together. I found I didn't care if Stephanie apprehended her skip. In fact, I'm not even sure that Stephanie cared. There was too much Diesel and not enough Morelli. In fact, Ranger got more mention than Morelli did. And who cares about Diesel anyway?

In short, I skimmed through the 309 pages (the novel ended so abruptly that I figured the author had reached her publisher-designated page count) and moved on to the next book on my list. From now on, I'll skip the "between-the-numbers" books in this series and read the main ones.

No comments: