Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Home Repair by Liz Rosenberg

Ms. Rosenberg has written award-winning books for younger readers, but this is her first adult book. I loved it. It is well-written, kept my interest and has believable characters that I cared about. It is the story of Eve. She was happily married to Ivan and they had one son, Marcus. Then 13 years ago Ivan was killed in a car crash. Eve remarried (Chuck) and they had their daughter Noni. Then in the middle of a garage sale Chuck leaves - really leaves. Eve's mom has been visiting and she stays on to help out. There are many scenes that I could relate to and was impressed at how true-to-life they were. The garage sale is one. Ms. Rosenberg has obviously done garage sales before! I enjoyed the book a lot!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved it too! Got my copy at the BEA in NY. Signed!

Anonymous said...

as a fellow garage sale addict I found the premise of the book hilarious. nice blend of comedy and tragedy throughout, really an enjoyable read

Anonymous said...

My book club is reading this now. Has sparkled a lot of lively conversation about second chances, starting over, family responsibility and the fine line between laughter and tears. I personally enjoyed this book very much and so did the group of 8.

Liquid EPDM said...

very informative book, thanks for sharing us your knowledge, after reading this i am feeling quite confident now i can better suggest for my home improvement, actually i am going to repair my home roofs and looking for some good elastomeric coatings, can you suggest me the better one?

Roof Coatings said...

I love this book, i am still reading it, this is really very informative, and now i keep this book all the time with me hahahaaha, all my fellows are surprised that what happen to me, but i have to finish this book as soon as possible, keep it up.

Liquid Roof said...

Great book, i never read this type of book before, i got a copy of this from my best friend on my birth day, its really amazing, hope we will see more new information soon.
keep it up