Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The good Daughers by Joyce Maynard

This was the best book I've read in a while. It is about two families who are quit different from one another. What they do share is that each has a daughter that was born in the same hospital at the same time. The two girls in question, Ruth and Dana, don't think it is that big of deal and don't enjoy the times they are forced together simply because they are "birthday sisters". Even when Dana's family moves away they continue to be brought together over the years.
It doesn't take long to figure out what is going on - it is a bit obvious. But I didn't know what happened in that hospital and I really wanted to know the story! The book extends over a period of decades. I enjoyed the plot, the characters and pace of the book. I would definitely recommend this book!

No comments: