Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks

Whenever Sparks writes a book I look forward to reading it. I loved the cover (very important to me!), but when I read the blurb I became less enthused. Mysterious young woman moves to town, gets a job in a diner and does her shopping at a store run by good-looking Alex who is a widower raising two kids. What is Katie hiding? Well it soon becomes obvious that there is an abusive man in her past. I have been around the literary block a few times so I already felt I knew what was going to happen. And basically I did. However.........the flashbacks of Katie's past life just sent shivers down my spine. I had flashbacks to "Sleeping with the Enemy" when Julia Roberts is trying to keep her husband from beating her - by cooking the perfect meals, keeping the perfect house, etc. Sparks had to have done some good research on abuse to write about it so well.

No comments: