Saturday, February 8, 2014

French Women Don't Get Facelifts by Mireille Guiliano 613 Gui

     
I will confess that I didn't read every page of this book but I did enjoy the parts I read.  I checked out this book because I have enjoyed Guiliano's earlier books and because the subtitle is "The Secret of Aging with Style and Attitude".  Well, my attitude has really been bad lately and I thought this book might help - it didn't.  Take shoes for instance - Guiliano would definitely not approve of my shoe wardrobe.  And if she knew that I had not owned a real pair of heels (2" are considered high in my world!) for at least 25 years I think she would see that I am a lost cause.

Also I am a Francophile so I am fascinated by books that deal with French culture.  Throughout the book Guiliano talks about the French attitude towards all things aging and gives advice on what one can do, use or buy to help the situation.  She addresses gravity, skin and hair care, exercise, dressing and many, many other topics.  It might just inspire you a bit! 

No comments: