Thursday, May 14, 2015

The Real Doctor Will See You Shortly by Matt McCarthy 610.71 McC

This book was very entertaining.  This book was very scary.  And I am afraid that this book was very honest.  I have read other books with the same theme - first year interns - but this one had a great balance of humor and drama.  A bit unsettling for sure.  As a first-year teacher I felt like a fraud.  There was a lot of stuff I was supposed to know how to do that I hadn't learned in a classroom.  Of course no one was going to die as I learned how to really teach and I wasn't doing it in a 30 hour stretch!   It is a little different in a hospital.  This book was very readable.  Parts of it were funny, parts were sad and parts were appalling.  You will never be bored.  You will never look at your doctor in the same way.

Click here to check our catalog for availability.

No comments: