Friday, November 6, 2015

The Nurses by Alexandra Robbins 362.173 Rob


Having more experience in medical offices than I ever wanted during the past few years I have learned one thing - nurses are extremely important to those of us who are patients!  My experience has all been positive as far as the medical staff.  This book blew me away.  I know that nurses are underpaid but I am really shocked at what some of them go through for their salaries.

Of course the identities of these nurses and hospitals have been well-masked I am sure, but the stories are real.  We are welcomed into the subculture of the nursing world. The stories of four nurses are told.  In-between their stories we are presented with some in-depth information about the state of nursing.  All of these nurses worked in hospitals.  And all of them had issues with the working conditions.  How would you like to be told that you could no longer park close to the hospital?  Instead you have to go to a parking lot and take a shuttle - which adds another half-hour onto the beginning and the end of your day.  How would you like to work in a climate where people are bickering all the time and taking you back to those awful days of Junior High?  I could go on and on but if you are interested read the book!  It is not an easy book to read (because of the story it tells, not because of the writing!).  What I learned will stay with me forever and I will be even more appreciative of the great nurses who have taken care of me.

Click here to check our catalog for availability.


No comments: