Wednesday, October 24, 2018

the next person you meet in heaven by Mitch Albom FIC ALB

    If you loved the first book you will love this one.  I was afraid it had been so long since I read the original that I would be lost.  Not true.  As he referred to things that happened in the original it came back to me.
     Eddie was the war veteran who returned to work at an amusement park where he was in charge of keeping kids safe by keeping the rides in perfect condition.  But one day there was an accident and the cart from one of the rides began to fall.  Eddie threw himself in harm's way to push a young girl out of the way and he was crushed.  That young girl's name was Annie.
     This book is about Annie.  When the book opens we immediately know that Annie is going to die and how many hours she has left.  That is particularly sad because she is a young woman and she is getting married to Paulo, a childhood friend with whom she had reconnected.  The have a wonderful wedding and go to a hotel after the reception.  But there aren't many hours left before she is going to die.  She will be going on the same journey that Eddie took - meeting people from her past.   I love the way he writes and I loved this one.  If I had my way he would kill one person a year and tell this person's story through the people they meet in heaven.  As with his first book, I will probably spend some time wondering which five people I would meet.
   

No comments: