Sunday, August 18, 2019

The Girl He Used to Know by Tracey Garvis Graves (FIC Gra)

Jonathan and Annika (rhymes with "Monica") meet as seniors in college when he joins the university chess club.  Annika has difficulty relating to other people but Jonathan is completely different.  In fact, each feels immediately comfortable with the other.  Over the course of that year, their relationship grows.  Until something happens that tears them apart.

Now, ten years later, they run into each other again while standing in line at the grocery store.  Can they move on from their past and rebuild their relationship?  And survive the threat that current events present?

This is a sweet novel.  The author (from the Des Moines area) draws her characters well.  The story moves back and forth in time and is told from the point of view of both Jonathan and Annika.  I really had a lot of sympathy for Annika and, I must admit, a bit of a crush on Jonathan.  This is the first book I've read by Graves and I think I'm going to add her to my author list.

No comments: