Saturday, February 2, 2008

Some Day My Prince Will Come, by Jerramy Fine

Wow!!! What a terrific read! I Looooved it! It is well written, entertaining, inspiring, and amusing. The book is a memoir of a woman who grew up with hippie parents in a small western Colorado town (which is a hoot and a holler in of itself) and at a young age insisted she was really a princess, and not in a hippie "be yourself" kind of way - but in a "you're not my dressing woman" to her mother kind of way. So from a young age she plots and plans to bring her goal of becoming a princess a reality. At times bittersweet, this book is so much more than an Anglophile's dream. It's a book of setting goals, unbelievable determination, and the importance of always having dreams. It is also a great window into the aristocratic lifestyles of twenty somethings in England with a bit of Bridget Jones thrown in. I could go on and on ... but pick up the book, trust me, you won't be able to put it down!!

No comments: