Thursday, April 3, 2008

The View from Mount Joy - audio book

I loved Lorna Landvik's book Angry Housewives Eating Bonbons. When I read the blurb on this book I decided to pass. Then we bought the audio edition. My standards are a little lower on audio books since I have fewer to choose from! Surprise, surprise - I loved it! It begins with a teenager named Joe who moves with his mother to Minneapolis after the death of his father. During high school he has a wild (secret) relation with Kristi (the head cheerleader no less!) and a close friendship with Darva (totally platonic). These women weave in and out of his life. The book covers four decades and I love the way she skips through Joe's life with just enough information that I felt I really knew what had happened to him. Nice guys don't always finish last!

No comments: