Monday, August 25, 2008

Julie & Julia 641.5 Pow

Julie is almost thirty and happily married. She's ready to have a baby but that just isn't happening right now. Her going-nowhere job is not fulfilling. While visiting her mother in Texas she sees a copy of Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking on the shelf. Julie comes up with the idea of giving herself the assignment of cooking her way through book - recipe by recipe. (If memory serves me correctly, Martha Stewart also did this!) It doesn't sound like that great of read - but it was! I liked when she described the cooking (killing the lobsters made me cringe- as it did Julie) and it was interesting to read about their New York apartment and shopping in the big city. Not only would I not try to cook these recipes - I wouldn't want to look at them from some of the descriptions in the book!

No comments: