Thursday, September 9, 2010

What to Wear for the rest of your life by Kim Johnson Gross 646.7 Gro

No, I am not a "fashionista" (and I can hear friends of mine snickering and saying something like ..."Well, that is pretty obvious!") When I was younger, thinner and had a perkier (you know what I mean) body, it was fun to shop. It was fun to look in the mirror. It was just fun. Now I have my fun through books - and that is why I checked this one out! Ms. Gross is walking in my shoes (although mine are definitely flatter than hers). She had been in the fashion world. Now she is basically home while she writes books. Let me give you a quote from the introduction. "I'd look in the mirror and wonder -How do I look?- and suspect it wasn't the way I had long imagined. Was it really the way I appeared in photographs - the fuller face, weaker chin, and thicker middle, much like my dad? Was I growing into my genes while growing out of my jeans?" This quote should give you an idea of the age group of women who will appreciate this book. I found it to be an entertaining book with lots of good ideas and quotes from real women. No, I haven't gone through my closet to apply the new things I learned .....because I can't remember them! But I do remember that I enjoyed this book immensely!

1 comment:

Kim Johnson Gross said...

Thanks so much for your review of my book! I am very happy that you could connect to it in many ways. And fyi: my shoes are flat too! All best, Kim