Thursday, March 13, 2014

The Deepest Secret by Carla Buckley FIC Buc


I thought this book looked interesting but it was even much better than I was expecting - because I kept thinking I knew where the story was going, but every time I was wrong! This is the story of Eve Lattimore.  Her sole focus in life is to protect her son Tyler from light.  He suffers from a condition which makes sunlight and some artificial lights deadly.  The life expectancy for someone with this condition is around 20 years.  It is serious stuff.  With the cooperation of the neighbors Tyler can go outside at night (they need to use certain bulbs outside).  The lights from a car could severely burn him, so he has to be careful.  Except he is a teenaged boy and he is not going to always be careful.  His father is away working much of the time so after his mother and sister are asleep he often sneaks out.  His passion is photography so he always has his camera with him.  Eve also has a teenaged daughter to contend with - and you know that isn't easy.  And without her husband around their marriage is becoming a little shaky.

One night the lives of everyone in the neighbor are changed.  What is Eve willing to do to protect her family?  Well, I know because I read the book........   I enjoyed the characters and the story line.  Suspenseful but not bloody - just the way I like it!

No comments: