Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Are The Keys In The Freezer by Patricia Woodell, Brenda Niblock & Jeri Warner 616.831 Woo

   
If you have not been involved in the life of someone with Alzheimer's then consider yourself lucky.  But eventually luck often runs out.  Chances are you or someone you love will be touched by dementia.  I have been involved (and am basically the one making all the decisions) for almost six years.  I saw things that disturbed me but yet I was blind to many other signs.  In the case of my loved one there were no decisions to be made as to where she would go.  She has remained in one retirement community but has been in four different areas.  I felt that I was rather well-read on the subject but after reading this book I realized there was a lot more that I should have known.  This book is filled with a lot of information and advice but it is also the touching story of this family.  The way that it is written makes it an 'easy' read - but of course the reality of dementia is never easy.  I would recommend this for anyone.  We all need to know.

Click here to check our catalog for availability.

No comments: