Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Coffin Road by Peter May MYS May

Three plots converge in an isolated location in Scotland:

1.  A man washes up on the seashore with no memory of who he is, what he does, or how and where he got the gash on his forehead;
2.  Karen, a lonely 17-year-old in Edinburgh continues to mourn her father's suicide two years ago and feel, somehow, responsible for it.  If only her last words to him hadn't been "I hate you, I hate you, I hate you!";
3.  Detective George Gunn investigates the murder of a man who's body is found at a lonely and hard-to-reach lighthouse on an island located twenty miles out in the Outer Hebrides.

Loaded with tons of Scottish atmosphere, this book hooked me from the beginning and kept me reading.  I was anxious for the mystery man, felt sorry for troubled Karen, and enjoyed the solution to the mystery.

The author is new to me but I will go back to read some of his other mysteries.

Click for availability.

No comments: