Sunday, December 18, 2016

Paris For One & Other Stories. By Jojo Moyes FIC Moy

I am not a great fan of short stories but I have loved the other books by Moyes so I had to read this one!  I loved it!!!!   It was a great book for the holiday season.  The first story wasn't very short but very entertaining.  Nell works hard and has never been abroad.  But it is time to break out of the rut.  She plans a romantic weekend in Paris, the city of love with her boyfriend.  He's been there which makes her feel safe because she would never be able to find her way around or deal with taxis or anything else that tourists have to do.  She's meeting her boyfriend at the train station but he is late - very late.  Finally she hears from him.  He isn't going to make the train so she should go ahead and he will meet her in Paris.  Total panic.  I love Paris and the French so I loved the characters she meets.

After that story are several very short stories.  I think Moyes has a real gift for capturing a lot in a few words.  These vignettes reminded me of those by Maeve Binchy - and in my world that is a good thing!

Click for availability.

No comments: