Monday, July 10, 2017

Small Victories: spotting improbably moments of grace by Anne Lamott 248 Lam


Some of the reviews of this book had fewer stars than I would have expected, but only because some of these essays were from earlier work.  I have read some of her books - but my memory isn't great so everything was new to me!  I also think that there are some things that can be read over and over and you will still get something out of it.

The essays range from spending time with her dying friend to her experiences with an on-line dating service.  When Lamott talks about her life she doesn't try to sugarcoat any of it.  Some of it is definitely not flattering to her.  She writes about stories as a mother and as a daughter.

She is rather irrelevant as she talks about these small victories and that is probably the thing I like best about the book!  I listened to the audio version and really enjoyed it.  It felt like she was talking to me while we sat around a table.  It can lead you to think about some small victories in your own life.

Click for availability.

No comments: