Friday, January 12, 2018

An American Family: A Memoir of Hope and Sacrifice by Khizr Khan 973 Kha

A friend sent me a text saying that I absolutely had to read this book.  I doubt that I would have picked it up without any more information. When she told me it was written by the Gold Star father who spoke at the Democratic Convention I was sold.  She also told me it was an up-lifting book - something I needed at the time!  It is a wonderful book.  Khan writes as well as he spoke that night.  His story is unbelievable.  He was born in Pakistan where his parents worked hard trying to support the ten children they had (Khan was the oldest). Nothing came easy to Khan - whether it was getting an education or winning the hand of the woman he loved.   He achieved his dream to move to America where for him the hard work continued.  I was mesmerized by what he did to become successful.   It is an outstanding book and an intimate story of one immigrant family.

Click for availability.

No comments: