Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Wednesday Sisters by Meg Waite Clayton

I loved this books on two levels. First it is a warm fuzzy type book about friendships that last through the decades. I always relate to books like this one and reflect upon my own friendships that have lasted for decades - the unbreakable bonds that survive the natural ups and downs. The second thing I enjoyed was the timing. It starts in the late 60's and there are lots of references to "my" history - Vietnam, the women's movement, the moon landing etc.
Enough about me and on to the book! Five women begin meeting at a park with their young children. The one thing they have in common is their love of books. They form a writers' group. Through the years there are many changes in their attitudes, hopes and homes. Great book.

No comments: