Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Time Weaver by Shana Abe

Mid May I made a decision to start reading all the books in the Science Fiction section at Indianola Public Library (with a few exceptions). The very first book I grabbed was this one: Time Weaver by Shana Abe. About 80 or so pages into this book I found out that it is the 5th book in the series, but since I was drawn into it so much I decided to read it without the knowledge of the previous 4 books. I was not disappointed!
Honor Carlisle is part of the "English" clan of the drakon, and can weave through time - transporting herself through time to the future or past. Her very first weave takes her to a river where she meets Prince Alexandru of the Zaharen clan. He saves her from drowning and she weaves back to her natural time. Each successive weave takes her to Alexandru (Sandu for short), and which also brings her to falling in love with him.
The story is about their love growing over different time-lines and we are crossing our fingers that their love is strong enough to last through the trials they are put through.
I know I've missed out on some background stories from not reading the previous books, but I don't think this book needs to be read as part of the series, it was a terrific read as a stand alone. I will definitely add Shana Abe to my reading list!

No comments: