Sunday, September 25, 2011

At Home: A Short History of Private Life by Bill Bryson 643.1 bry


I loved this book!!! I listened to the audio book which I think really added to my enjoyment. It is not a book for everyone. But I happen to love history and trivia. This would be the perfect book for a long car trip. (It also worked well for some weed-pulling and needlepoint!) Bryson takes us through every room in the house and gives us an interesting historical background on why that room exists. Some of things I already knew but I was astonished at the wealth of information he presented in the book. No, I didn't stay up late to listen to the book and no, I didn't rush home to continue reading it. But I was always interested and fascinated by the information. If you are a Bryson fan be sure to check out this one. And if you haven't been introduced to this author, try it - you might become his next fan!

No comments: