Monday, August 19, 2013

The Tao of Martha My Year of LIVING, or Why I'm Never Getting All That Glitter Off of the Dog by Jen Lancaster 921 Lan


I think there are people in this world who read LIVING and just nod when they read the articles because it makes perfect sense to them and of course that is the way they would do it.  Then there are people like me who like her magazine but have never have the nerve to actually try anything.  (I did learn how to fold a t-shirt in 2 seconds from Martha, but I don't remember if it was on her tv show or in the magazine.).  Jen Lancaster decides that she could use a little more Martha in her life.  So from pet care to entertainment she decides to improve her life.....and that of her husband, Fletch.  Sometimes Fletch even gets to help. Take the Easter get-together Jen planned.  Following Martha's suggestions for the celebration Jen drafts Fletch to help dye and hollow out eggs.  It is not as easy as it seems it might be - especially when you only skim the article.  They went through 6 dozen eggs and ended up with 11 eggs that were unbroken. When Fletch suggested they could hard boil them Jen was absolutely opposed.  Too much danger of losing one and having it smell up the place.  Fletch agreed, "I used to have to hunt for hard-boiled eggs when I was a kid.  What was the point of that?  Was I supposed to be, "Yay! I found them!  Egg-salad sandwiches for everyone!'  I was seven!  I wanted chocolate, not bioavailable protein."  I think this excerpt will give you a taste of what is in the book.  An enjoyable read!

No comments: