Wednesday, August 21, 2013

The Lavender Garden by Lucinda Riley FIC Ril


I was a little apprehensive about this novel but I ended up liking it.  I was afraid it was going to be too much on romance and normally romantic stories are too predictable for my taste!  And it was..... However, it had other saving graces!  It was written in one of my favorite formats.  The story is divided into two time periods.  During the late 90's Emilie inherits her childhood chateau.  She has created her own life as a Vet in Paris and is very content.  Now she has to clean out the place, go through her father's book collection and decide the fate of said chateau.  Her vision changes a bit when she meets Sebastian.
      The other part of the story takes place in the France of 1944.  In London Constance signs up to help the war effort after her husband is listed as missing.  Because of her ability to speak French like a native (thanks to summers spent there with relatives) she is chosen to go on a very dangerous mission to France.  Of course the lives of Constance and Emilie are going to end up (spoiler alert!) intertwined!  I enjoyed the book.

No comments: