Tuesday, May 15, 2018

The Queens of Innis Lear by Tessa Gratton SF Gra

In the kingdom of Innis Lear, the king realizes his life is drawing to an end and it is time to name his successor.  Which of his three daughters will he choose?

Oldest Gaela, a trained warrior and determined to be not a queen but a king?  And equally determined to achieve her goal by any means?

Second daughter Regan, beautiful and cold and more a child of the earth than her older sister?  Together the two of them have determined to rule the kingdom, Gaela as king and Regan as queen?

Youngest daughter Elia, whose destiny seems to be as a star priest but is it really?

When the king announces his decision, the lives of all three and those in the kingdom they all say they love are changed forever.  There can only be one ruler...

Fantasy novels always take me a little while to get used to.  I have to figure out the world the author has created, the characters, the plot.  Once I reached that point, I really liked this book.  I liked the world she drew and found myself drawn to the message that we must live in harmony with all of our surroundings.  This is the author's first adult novel and I am looking forward to others by her.

Click for availability.

No comments: