Saturday, May 19, 2018

Two Steps Forward by Graeme Simsion and Anne Buist FIC Sim

Told in alternating chapters, this is the story of a couple that meets and remeets as they walk the Camino de Santiago from Cluny, France to its endpoint in Santiago, Spain.

Zoe, from California, is visiting a life-long friend in Cluny while she deals with the sudden death of her husband.  Martin, from England, is running from a nasty divorce and the 17-year-old daughter he has left behind.  Both start the Camino on a whim, hoping to find answers to the problems they face while they walk.

This book by a husband and wife writing couple captures both the joy and agony of walking the Camino, the way paths cross and recross while you're walking, and the mystique that surrounds the ancient pilgrimage trail.

I enjoyed this book immensely.  I walked a portion of the Camino in 2017.  Reading this book made me want to go back and walk even more.  But I think maybe I'll just re-read this book the next time I get that feeling!

Click for availability.

No comments: