Sunday, September 25, 2011

Allergic Girl by Sloane Miller 616.975 Mil



This is a book about food allergies. No, I don't have food allergies. Although I could name some people with this affliction I have never shared a dinner or living quarters with them. So why, you ask, did I even read this book? I don't know. I liked the cover, which made me pick it up. I read the inside flap and it sounded sort of interesting. I read a few pages and I liked her style. So I read it! It really broadened my horizons about a subject that really is important in this day and age - because so many people are afflicted with this problem. And for many, it is a life-threatening condition. Ms. Miller did a great job of telling her story and challenges - from the time she was a small child to dating. Imagine, she has to explain to anyone she dates what her allergies are and what to do if she comes in contact with one of the allergens - not the most romantic of topics! If anyone in your 'world' has this problem I would highly recommend that you read this book. It will help you understand what you can (and should do) and be a little bit more sympathetic (perhaps not grumble so much that you don't get peanuts on the airplane!).

No comments: