Sunday, September 25, 2011

French Lessons by Ellen Sussman


I picked up this book because of the title. I used to teach French and thought it would be fun to read about a book set in Paris. I did enjoy it. It is the story of Josie, Riley and Jeremy who are all in Paris but for different reasons. They have all signed up for French lessons (no surprise to you I'm sure!). They aren't taking the traditional ones in a classroom. They are taking the ones where you get a personal tutor and then you spend the day in Paris! So we learn the stories of why these three are here and what they are hoping to gain. Josie has had her heart broken. Riley is living in Paris because of her husband's job - but she feels her husband moving away from their relationship. Jeremy is married to a famous actress and isn't sure that her world is what he wants. We also learn about the three tutors and their interconnecting stories. It was a quick, easy read. I will warn you that I would rate it R if that matters to you (one way or the other).

No comments: