Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Bringing up bebe BCD 649Dru

        This book is on order but in the meantime we do have the audiobook - and it was great!  You might think it strange that since I will not be  bringing up a bebe (forgive the lack of accent marks - I don't know how to do that on the blog) nor baby that I would find this book so fascinating.  Well, to begin with I love the French culture and this book provided a great view of the culture as seen through American eyes - and that is always entertaining!  It is very apparent to anyone traveling in France (and other parts of Europe) that the kids seem to be better behaved in general.  The parents with children in restaurants seem less harried than their American counterparts who seem always to be trying to come up with new things to entertain the kids while waiting for the meal to come.  French kids in restaurants seem to be eating food that goes beyond the standard 'kids' meal' here at home.  You also get an up-close look into the French 'Creche' (a government pre-school) and I guarantee you will be open-mouthed as you read about the menus being served there!  I highly recommend this book.  And for those of you who aren't doing any child-rearing - well, I think many of the ideas can be used on dogs and the French dogs are also well-behaved!

No comments: