Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Most of Me by Robyn Michele Levy 616.8 Lev

   When I tell you what this book is about you will probably wonder why anyone in the world would want to read it!  Levy, however, is a terrific writer and I read her memoir quickly.  When she begins her story she is a working mom who is so depressed and tired.  That is probably not an unusual state for most women in that situation.  Hers continues to get worse and worse.  Finally she is given a diagnosis after other symptoms appear.....and the news isn't good.  She has early onset Parkinson's disease.   As if this weren't enough she also is diagnosed with breast cancer within the year.  Pretty depressing isn't it?  But her writing brought many smiles to my face.  Here is a quote to give you a taste of her sense of humor.  "I have a confession: I married an older man.  Three years older, to be exact.  Mind you, that's in dog years.  Multiply three by seven and you get the age difference in human years-something to really bark about".
    Her biographical information says: "She lives with her family and her remaining body parts on  Vancouver, British Columbia."   I don't want her to get anymore diseases but I would like her to write another book! 

No comments: