Monday, May 23, 2016

Ashley Bell by Dean Koontz FIC Koo

   
I don't read all of Koontz's books.  I always know that they are going to be weird and sometimes the storyline just doesn't appeal to me.  This one interested me so I checked out the audio edition.  We are introduced to Bibi Blair a young, smart woman who is working at being an author.  She is close to her parents who were die-hard surfers and passed that onto Bibi.  Bibi's heart belongs to her fiancé who is serving in the Middle East.  Life is good - until Bibi becomes quite ill.  In the hospital, after extensive tests, Bibi is told that she has a very bad brain tumor and that maybe she will live a year.  Bibi refuses to believe that.  And miraculously she is right and the cancer goes away.  Why?  Well this weird woman tells her she was saved in order to save Ashley Bell. Bibi has no idea who that is but she is determined to find out.
     
I really can't go into much more of the plot.  I will tell you that part way through there is a big twist.  I don't want to read this kind of book every week but I did enjoy it.

Click for availability.

No comments: