Monday, July 25, 2016

A Few of the Girls: Stories by Maeve Binchy FIC Bin

I am still so sad that Maeve Binchy is no longer with us.  I am thrilled when anything penned by her comes out.  This is a collection of short stories - many of them quite short.  I am not a fan of short stories - except for hers.  I am always in awe the way she puts so much into so few words.  Some of these stories had been published because beside books she also wrote for magazines.  Some of them were written as a gift for friends of hers - what a treasure.

If you are a fan of Binchy you will want to read this.  As always, she writes about situations and people that are so familiar to her readers.  The world seems to be going crazy and I loved having the opportunity to  escape into the fiction of my favorite author.

 Click for availability.

No comments: