Monday, August 9, 2010

Supreme Justice by Phillip Margolin

I have read many of Margolin's novels and I have to say that this wasn't my favorite one. In fairness to the book, let me say that I listened to the audio book and some books are just better in print. I listen to audio books because I am doing something else while I listen! This book was hard to follow. I had a hard time remembering all of the characters and the story seemed to jump around. The main plot of this book involves Sarah Woodruff, a policewoman, who has been on trial twice for the murder of lover. (The first time it turns out he wasn't actually dead - so they dismissed the case.) She has been sentenced to death and now is appealing her case to the Supreme Court. So we have her story and the story concerning the Supreme Court. And is a justice who is retiring and two justices who are attacked. I think you get the picture - there is a lot going on! Not my favorite book of the month, but it could have been that I was too distracted. He really is a good author.

No comments: