Friday, July 29, 2011

Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency by Douglas Adams

I started reading this one at the end of June - right after finishing Blood Song... Finished it on 7/14/11, it's taken me some time to get to writing this blog. A little over 2 weeks to read, is really good for me (typical books take 3-4 weeks).

Richard attends a dinner with an old professor Reg, his boss Gordon gets murdered, an Electric Monk believes the Door is the Way and Dirk Gently throws himself into the middle of it all!

This book jumps around a lot, which was confusing at first, but made so much sense once more information was given toward the end (can't tell you without spoiling the story of course!). I have not read his Hitch Hickers Guide series yet, although it is on my "list" to read. So my opinions of this book are based solely on this book alone. It was a very good storyline, however it was hard to follow at first. Now that I know the end, I may re-read it and see if the parts that made absolutely no sense the first time around will make sense now!

Douglas Adams is a classic science fiction author... if you enjoy science fiction books, his name should definitely be on your list!

No comments: