Thursday, October 27, 2011

The Call by Yannick Murphy


This is a quick read and I found it to be an interesting book. Murphy writes in a different style which I found refreshing for a change. It would take too long to describe it here but it is short and to the point. The other thing that interested me was that the main character, David, is a Veterinarian and we learn a lot about rural vets have to do (and most of it isn't pretty!). David takes his son, Sam, out to do some hunting. Sam is up in one 'stand' (I think that is what it was called!) and David is in another. A shot rings out and Sam falls from the tree. Although the gunshot wasn't very significant, he lands on his head and is in a coma. David did not see who fired the shot and the police were unable to find any evidence. David is obsessed with finding the guilty party - and everyone he looks out becomes a possible suspect. I really liked the book and would like to do some more reading by this author.

No comments: