Tuesday, November 1, 2011

the Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks


This was a typical Sparks book - and that was just fine! It is a love story but not too sloppy - or else I wouldn't be reading it! There are some mysterious pasts that are unraveled and a little bit of the supernatural thrown in. It is the story of Amanda and Dawson. She was a 'good girl' from a prominent family. He was really a good kid but from a family whose reputation was so bad that he really didn't have a chance. So of course they fell in love in high school. But a tragedy broke up the relationship. Twenty-five years later they are reunited in a strange way. An old man, Tuck, has died and his lawyer has contacted both Amanda and Dawson. Tuck had given Dawson a place to hide from his family. Amanda met him through Dawson and later began her own friendship with him when she came to town to visit family. As always, Sparks has done a good job with his characters.

1 comment:

Ελλάδα said...

I thoroughly enjoy reading Nicholas Sparks' novels, so if you're like me, this is a must read. I literally could not put this book down and no joke finished it in a day. It has every emotion rolled into one, and I found myself crying at times. It explains the definition of true love, and eternal love. I most definetely recommend it!!