Thursday, November 3, 2011

running away to home by jennifer wilson 305.891 Wil


(and yes I know that I didn't capitalize - but that is the way the title was done on her book. She's the author and she gets to decide!)
I enjoyed this true story of Jennifer, her husband Jim and their two young kids. They are Iowans and were living in Des Moines where he was an architect and she was a travel writer. When they were young and childless they had dreamed of having an adventure and living abroad somewhere. Then they had kids and so it began - lots of driving around, buying stuff, fixing up the house....................... They end up going to Croatia which is where Jennifer's roots were. I won't go into how they made the decision- that is part of book! Jennifer goes over first to check out some things. After reading one paragraph of that section I know I would never have gone back much less moved there. But they are better people than I am! There was one short part of the book that had a little too much geneaology in it (I skimmed that part) but the rest of it was very interesting. I need to find out what happened to their lives after this year in Croatia - if the 'lessons' learned stuck with them or if they went back to their crazy lives!

No comments: