Thursday, September 26, 2013

The Good Children by Kate Wilhelm FIC Wil


I ran across this 1998 book while I was shelving....and then I read the jacket and decided it would join the large pile of books I have at my house.  It didn't take long to read and was a nice interlude to the audio book of FDR that I was listening to.  Warden and Lee have four kids.  When Lee was young she was shuffled among foster homes.  When she married Warden she knew that she didn't want to be separated from him because they were a family.  So she and the children followed him as he went from assignment to assignment.  Warden decides it is time to let his children grow some roots in a community so he buys a big old house for his family.  Lee loves gardening and taking care of the house.  Life was good until a tragedy strikes.  After listening to their mom's stories of foster care and the state, the four kids come up with a bold and risky idea to hold onto their family.  They would do whatever was necessary to protect each other.  But eventually the circumstances and lies start to become too much.  It is a good psychological suspense book!

No comments: