Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Alex & Me by Irene Pepperberg 636.6 Pep

If you read my blogs (and I'm sure I have many faithful readers out there!), you know that I am a sap for animal stories. This is in the same vein as Wesley the Owl. As a matter of fact, this book was referenced in the Wesley book. Irene Pepperberg is a scientist who spent 30 years with Alex. Alex died unexpectedly and prematurely. The day before he died he spoke his final words to Irene. "You be good. I love you." If that doesn't bring a tear to your eye you are not a sappy animal lover. But maybe you'll like the book anyway! It's fascinating what Alex taught the world of science.
My favorite scene in the book is on page 126. Alex and Irene are traveling from Chicago to Arizona by United Airlines. The scene at check-in was a laugh out loud moment! I loved the book.

No comments: