Thursday, February 5, 2009

Good-Bye and Amen by Beth Gutcheon

This is the follow-up book to Leeway Cottage. It was great. The format is a bit different. There are a lot of characters and they tell the story in snippets. It is interesting because we hear the same story from different points of view. It can be confusing sometimes - but at the back of the book is a list of characters. That would have helped if I had known it was there before I started reading! The story begins after the death of Sydney and Laurus, the parents of Eleanor, Monica and Jimmy. They all have their own scars from childhood. One of my favorite parts of the book is during the 'lottery' that takes place. The three adult children (with no spouses or children) are to choose what they want from Leeway Cottage, one at a time. I loved the reactions and strategies they each had! I really enjoyed both books.

No comments: