Sunday, November 15, 2009

Echo in the Bone by Diana Gabaldon

"Echo in the Bone", also referred to as EITB or just "Echo", is the seventh book in the author's Outlander series. I have waited anxiously for its publication since the sixth book was published in 2005. I wasn't going to read this book for at least a year but it seemed that everyone I knew was reading it. I couldn't stand it any longer...so I dove in.

For those not familiar with the series, it revolves around the adventures of Claire, a time traveler from the 20th century, and Jamie, the Scottish warrior from the 18th century that she falls in love with after traveling into the past through a circle of standing stones.

See? You just have to read them and then suspend your disbelief!

This novel is no different from the others. It's full of adventures and romance and near misses and plenty of loose threads that won't be resolve until the next novel in the series. I'm left to wonder how everything will be resolved - and hoping that I'll remember the questions I had!

No comments: