Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Sweater Quest by Adrienne Martini 746.43 Mar

This book is not for everyone. To enjoy it I think you need to have a love of or an interest in knitting. I am a wannabe knitter but I am mired in making needlepoint Christmas stockings - so knitting is on hold. Martini found out how a craft that can be repetitive is very soothing to the soul. It saved her sanity - really! So after many scarves and hats she is ready for a challenge. The story behind the pattern is quite the story. The technique....well it was waaaaayy beyond my understanding and made me realize that I am too old to ever learn enough knitting to attempt something like that. Her goal was to finish the sweater in a year.
If you decide to read this book, I suggest you first go to Google and find the link to Mary Tudor Sweater and from there to the martinmade - and now the picture can be shown. You will see the picture of the finished project ( oops - I ruined the ending, didn't I). I didn't do this but I think you should! I had a hard time picturing this as I read and this would have been so much better.

No comments: