Thursday, July 5, 2012

Too Many Murders by Colleen McCullough MYS Mcc


This book is set in 1967 - the year I graduated from high school.  It doesn't seem that long ago!  But in the world of forensics it is the dark ages.  In a small college town there are 12 murders that take place in a 24-hour period.  No, it wasn't a mass shooting, but instead it was 12 individual murders including that of a child, a prostitute, a college student and a successful business man.  I found it a little confusing to keep track of everyone since  I was listening to the audiobook and of course I was also multitasking!  Without the modern tools detectives used now it is a daunting job for Carmine Delmonico, our homicide cop hero.  Since this takes place back in the '60's it was not surprising that there was a possibility of a Russian spy in the mix - those Russian spies were everywhere.  I found it an interesting read but it certainly wasn't on the edge of your seat suspenseful.

No comments: