Monday, December 22, 2014

The Mistletoe Promise by Richard Paul Evans FIC Eva

 
Even though I prefer books with a bit of an edge to them, I always read the Christmas books that come out around Christmas!  The story isn't too hard to figure out.  Two unhappy souls make a contract to "be a couple" during the holidays.  I have seen this theme in a hundred Hallmark movies.  You know how it is going to end.  But I like the way he writes.  What really kept me reading were the back stories of Elise and Nicholas.  As we follow the eight weeks of the mistletoe promise we are teased with glimpses into Elise's past and how she ended up with such low self esteem.  Nicholas also has some past problems but we don't find out anything about them until the very end of the book.

A short entertaining book with a feel-good ending.  'Tis the season so check out this book!

No comments: