Monday, May 11, 2015

The Years by Nicholas Delbanco FIC Del


I really enjoyed this book. Why?  Well probably because I am in my 60's with a love from the 1960's that I will never forget.   When this book begins Lawrence and Hermia are in their 60's.  They are both alone on a cruise.  And it is there that they reconnect for the first time since college.  The story moves around a lot.  Part of it recounts their romance in college.  There are also the stories of what was going on all of these years they were apart - the marriages and the children.

It is not a simplistic story of old flames reuniting.  There was a lot of baggage they were each carrying.  It wasn't easy to decide to reunite.  The end of the book was rather depressing - but any happy ending wouldn't have seemed right.   I liked the characters in the story and I felt that they were believable.   It is not a fast read but for me it was worth it!

Click here to check our catalog for availability.

No comments: