Sunday, March 16, 2008

And Sometimes Why by Rebecca Johnson

I am always on the lookout for books by authors I know and enjoy. When I read a book by an unfamiliar author it is a book that I picked up because the title or the cover caught my eye. I thought this book was good and looked forward to checking to see if we had other books by Johnson. Unfortunately (for me) this is a debut novel. Johnson writes for magazines but I hope to see more books by this talented writer.
We all make choices and decisions every day without much thought. Only if tragedy strikes do we agonize over those choices. What if????? Why didn't I.......? Sophia and Darius have two teen daughters and they bought a car for them to share. Of course they both need/want the car on the same day. The argument is settled and daughter Helen takes a bus to go meet her boyfriend (that her parents know nothing about) and break up with him. When he asks for one last time together she reluctantly climbs on the back of his motorcycle to go to his place. They are involved in a terrible crash. Helen ends up in the hospital's ICU with brain trauma and in a coma. This is the story of how people are affected and how they react to this situation. I stayed up to 1 a.m. to finish it and I thought it was worth it!

No comments: