Saturday, March 8, 2008

Light of the Moon by Luanne Rice

OK, this novel was completely predictable. I knew after about the first ten pages how it was going to turn out. But I read it and enjoyed it anyway!

Anthropologist Susannah Connolly travels to the south of France to fulfill her mother's dying wish that she see the white horses of the French Carmargue. Once there, she meets an expatriate American, who now owns a ranch, and his troubled young daughter. Susannah becomes involved both in the life of the village and the life of the rancher and his daughter - and romance, with all its complications, ensues.

I like any book that takes me to a part of the world I've never heard of and leaves me with the desire to go there. This book did just that, describing life among the Gypsies who live in this region, the beauty of the horses on the beach, and the wonderful "light of the moon". I enjoyed reading, in spite of the predictability!

No comments: