Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My Nest Isn't Empty, It Just Has More Closet Space by Lisa Scottoline 814 Sco

We own three copies of this book but I chose to listen to it - and that was a good choice! It is highly entertaining - well, probably not for everyone out there. It starts out with "Today I noticed my first gray hair. On my chin." If you can not relate to this, go find another book to read. If, like me, you have a flashback to that very moment in your own life, come to the library and check out this book! It is full of essays - mostly about aging, but also about life in general. It isn't even that she writes about the glamorous parts of her life - it just ordinary stuff. We also hear from other generations. Francesca, Lisa's daughter, has a few things to say. Mother Mary, Lisa's mother, has an opinion on one or two things also! A delightful read in the middle of this long, long winter.

No comments: