Monday, April 11, 2011

Between a Rock and a Hot Place by Tracey Jacks on 305.244Jac


If you are wondering, the answer is yes - I do check out all of the new books that we get on 'organizing' and women 'of a certain age'. This one of course fits into the latter category. The theme of this book is to dispel the often-heard phrase that "50 is the new 30". Jackson talks about what 50 was like for her mother and grandmother and what it is like for her today. If you don't have time to read the book at least look at the table of contents and you will get a good laugh. (Like chapter 5 - "If I'm Thirty, Why do I Need a Colonoscopy?" ) Okay, not everyone will think that is funny but I did! Let me tempt you with another quote from the book. "Tight abs was not a phrase my grandmother had ever heard. And even if she had, her response would likely have been, Who needs that when you have a girdle?" Well, enough said. Either you are writing down the title or you can't imagine ever wanting to read it!

No comments: